Sunday, January 22, 2012

Star Wars Party..

This weekend we hosted a party at our apartment. This was the first time that we have had a party at our house, with that being said it really was our first time that we have had people over at our place. Drew came up from Portland to spend the weekend with us. This is the first time that he has came up here to visit since we have moved here. It was a horrible weekend to come up due to the snow and not wanting to really leave the apartment. We loved having him here though! He will have to come back when the weather isn't so horrible and show him a good time here in Seattle.

On Saturday I spent the day prepping for the party. I had to make the food and couldn't really be away from the stove.


I made cookies..we ran out of time to frost them though. We kind of half assed them but it was fun just the same. I had a couple of really good helpers. They just looked too dang cute for me not to take a photo of them :)


Everyone needs to have some good helpers in the kitchen!


These are the chocolates that Bradley make. It is of Hans in the frozen stuff..carbonite. He was the chocolate pro after he finished making them all. He only burned a couple batches :) There is nothing worse then the smell of burnt chocolate.

Everyone made it to our house and we watched the first two original Star Wars movies. I have a ton of geeks in my life and it was fun to see how excited they got for it. I think that I have seen these movies twice in my life and I still didn't really know what was going on. There was one scene in the first movie where Bradley spotted a Storm Trooper walk into a door. We had to rewind and watch it again..It was hilarious!


It was a fun night and I am glad that everyone made it out to our place. I can't wait until the next time that we get together! I took a couple days of vacation so that I can prep for the party. I don't have to go back until Wed..two more days off!

No comments: