Friday, March 15, 2013

New Car..

A new car..doesn't that just sound like heaven to you? This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while. Even through I LOVE my white car, the time has came that I am needing to get a new one. It is to the point that one head light is totally out and I have to kick to other one so that it will turn on. There is a leak somewhere but I am not sure where but when it rains there is standing water in the back floor, this causing mold to grow. Living in Seattle its raining 9 out of the 12 months. When it is cold outside and the windows are frosty on the outside that means that I will have to sit and scrap the inside of the windows too. When it is frosty that also means that my lock on the driver side isn't going to work properly so if I have opened it, I will not be able to close it until the car has warmed up. Working and living in the city means that I can't just sit in my car waiting for it to get warm so I have a belt to make sure that it doesn't pop open when I am driving. This doesn't include it starting to clunk out on me and Brad when we were in the worse possible place down by the U Village. It is just too stressful for me to drive and it is going to start costing us way to much money to fix it up how it is needing.

My mom helped me get another car from the guy that I got my white car because it was something that I could afford. It is the exact same car just 8 years newer. I got a plane ticket and headed out to Utah. The plan was that my brothers were going to drive back to Seattle with me. With the time that I was able to get off of work that meant that I would be in Utah for a little less then 24 hours. It was a rushed trip. I decided that there was going to be a lot of people that I needed to see so I planned a party at my mom's house and had them come to me. That way I wasn't leaving anyone out. My in-laws have moved down to Vegas but Wayland had a meeting for work up north so they were also able to come and see me.

I was super excited about this party because I was going to cook dinner for everyone. This is something that I love to do and don't get to do it that often anymore since I have moved to Seattle. My mom and me went over to Sam's Club and picked up salmon and other yummy treats. This was also a way that I got to see my friends at Sams.

I knew that I was going to be in town so when I was in Seattle I got presents for all of my nieces and nephew. 


Adian is a smart kid and I always try to find him presents to build. Brad and I spent a long time looking but we were able to find this wooden statue of the space needle. Perfect present from Seattle. So do love this guy!


Abby and Libby in the kitchen..
 I really digged her Beattle shirt that she was wearing!


This is my family. 
Joel, Adian, Amy, Libby, Abby, and Janet

Brad wasn't able to come down with me but he gave my mom the print that she was holding for her birthday. This is the first piece of art of his that she owns. It is Bill Nye the Science Guy. Brad was there in spirit.

 
Libby and her new car..

I had brought my camera with me but forgot to pull it out when everyone came over so I am very happy that Amy was smarter then me. Thanks! It was a crazy quick trip but so fun to see everyone.

No comments: