Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tacoma..Alki..Kerry

Once we got back to Seattle my brothers had a couple of days before they had to go back to Utah. There was a few things that I wanted to do with them while they were here. Both of my brothers have totally different personality but they are both really easy to please which makes it fun to be with them.  I always try to show them a good time when they are out. I have to show them how awesome Seattle is :)

Brad and I both decided that we needed to take them to the car museum that is in Tacoma. Brad had talked to the guys that he works with to see where is a good place to eat in Seattle. He asked them both separate and they suggested the same place..The Swiss. So after we were done at the museum that is where we headed.


Me and my brothers..
Joel, Libby, & Tom


Brad, Joel, and Tom


Its going to be OK Bradley..


Joel standing by the few cars made in 1942 right before they stopped producing them because of the war. The tan one is all original had hasn't be restored at all.


 Joel and Tom..getting in for a closer shot.


Self shot of Libby..


Brad standing next to his dream car..1930s Packer.
He doesn't want to own it he wants to ride in it. He said that it just looks so roomy that he wants to take a ride..what a funny guy.


Jazz hands..


Joel and Bradley being artsy..


 Joel and Tom..


Libby with an awesome car..


Libby and the speed racer..


Tom and Joel checking the car out..


Brad and Joel..


The guys standing by a Ferrari F-40..
Must be a guy thing


Joel and an awesome car..there are too many awesome cars here.


Tom and his matching car..


Rock on by the Pope Moble..

On the way back to Seattle I had decided that we were going to make a small detour and go to West Seattle. This is where Alki Beach is located. I wanted to show them a different view of Seattle. 









View of downtown from West Seattle..


Libby is too excited..
Space Needle is to the right of Joel's head.


Another shot of downtown..


Joel and Libby..


Ship yard and cranes..


Libby trying not to be cold..


Libby at Alki Beach..


Joel is great at pulling silly faces..


What is that bright thing in the sky?


Libby sitting and enjoying the view of the water..


Yay!


Shot of the Queen Anne area..Space Needle is on the right,


JAZZ HANDS!


Bradley trying to be tough..


Joel in the middle of what he was saying..
Most likely mad at me for taking his photo :)


Self shot of Libby..


Tom enjoying the water..


Joel and Brad reading the names on the bricks..


Joel and Tom..
This is the sad photo..not really they are just reading.

Alki Beach is a big deal to people out here. It was one of the places that I was told I had to go when I first moved out here. It is nice but I still prefer to go to Gas Works. I just like that it is a different view of downtown. This is also near a really good record store. There used to be one closer to where we lived but they shut down and just have the one location now. Now we won't make it there too often and will be able to save some money.

Last thing that we did for the night was run to Kerry Park in Queen Anne. The view over there is to die for! It was one thing that my brothers had to see before they left.


Postcard perfect..


Joel and the lights of Seattle..


Libby and Seattle..


Tom and the lights of Seattle..

This is a really cool park that is in Queen Anne. I love the view that it gives you of downtown. Queen Anne is built on a hill so there is no way that this view could be blocked. It is funny because when Brad and I had found it, it was kind of by accident. I knew about this place but wasn't sure where it was. I was actually trying to find something else when we happen to drive past it. The photos tonight might be a little blurry because it was cold and I couldn't stop shaking. This was a super fun day with my brothers. I doubt that they will be out here together again so we have to make the most of it.

No comments: