Monday, February 18, 2013

Wednesday Weekend..

What is better then going to one concert? That's right..three! One of our favorite groups was playing in Seattle and we made the weekend out of it.  Brad had a friend, Travis, come out and go to these concerts with us. It was fun playing groupies for the weekend. The first night we drove down to Portland, the second night they played in Seattle, and the third night they played in Spokane. It was pure dedication!

All three shows were amazing and it was funny how all 3 concerts were so different from each other even though all 3 bands played the same set each night.

Portland


This was the beginning of the most rocking weekend I have ever lived. We stood in the back of the crowd because we knew that it was going to be a crazy crowd. Brad and I have been to a Wednesday 13 concert before :) There was 2 other bands that were touring with them. Through these 3 concerts Brad and I learned to love them too. Travis was already fans of the other groups and brought their cds with him..the Cold Blue Rebels and Calabrese.


Wednesday 13
This was the headlining band. They rock!

Seattle


Calabrese..


Wednesday 13 in all their glory..

When we were in Portland and had looked at the merch booth I joked with the guys that I needed to buy a pair of panties and have the Cold Blue Rebels sign them. It was something that we would have to get framed to put in our music room. That was exactly what I was able to do. They were running their own merch booth so I got to meet the band and get the panties signed. I was a little embarrassed about getting them to sign them because right before I went to buy them I put on chap-stick. Travis saw me doing that and asked if I was "getting pretty for them." When I went over there to get the panties they asked me what size..I said I didn't care so the bass player jumped over the table to get a look at me. Didn't help..I ended up getting a tee-shirt along with the the panites and the whole band signed them for me. They also had me pull a prize out of a pumpkin head..I got a severed finger :) They were super nice!

Spokane


Driving through Snoqualmie Pass..

The Spokane concert just about didn't happen for us. We were having a real hard time trying to figure out where the show was even going to be. The day that the show was, we were finally able to get some info on it but it didn't make it less weird. It was at a venue that had a name that didn't sound like it should have a show at. I looked up the site for it and the description of the place was "elegant weddings and face melting concerts." We were not too sure what to think..we took the chance and just went for it. It was the best thing that we could have done.

Once we got to the building that it was suppose to be we still were not sure we were at the correct place but once we got out of the car we saw people loading band equipment out. We missed the crappy local band they had opening. We went inside and we were at the correct place. The audience consisted of 20 people. Not counting the bar that was upstairs that had about 10. This meant that we got front row for all 3 bands without having to touch another person..score!


Cold Blue Rebels..


Danny Dangerous from the Cold Blue Rebels..he could move with that bass


Lead guitar player for Wednesday 13..he was so energetic.


Bradley by the singer of Wednesday 13. We were that close.


Libby and the guitar player..


Travis and Calabrese..


Wednesday 13 set up..
Brad was able to get the set list that was the singers!


Brad and Libby with Calabrese..
Sad it is blurry but we meet them.

The Spokane concert was awesome due to the fact that no one was really there. During Wednesday 13 concert Calabrese and the CBRs were standing in the audience next to us. I doubt that they will ever go back to Spokane but I am glad that we decided at the last minute that it would be worth the 4 hour drive out there. 

The next day after we had done all of the concert was a sad day. I wish that we could have driven to Denver with them :) But really it was sad that this weekend had to end. It was the most fun that I have had in a long time. I know that my check book was happy that it had ended. Every night we had to keep getting something from the merch booth. Good times! Next tour we are going to have to get Travis to come back out here.

No comments: