Sunday, March 20, 2011

Joel..

First off I will have to say that if you haven't meet my little brother before...he is one special person. There is defiantly no one else like him.

This week for my little brother's spring break he was able to come out here and enjoy the Seattle weather :) He always made the comment that he didn't want to do the tourist stuff when he was out here the first time around. Just for saying that, I decided that was going to be the first thing that we did when he got here.

When your in Seattle there are just several things that you have to go and see and these include the Space Needle and Pike's Place Market. I was kind enough to plan to do these things that slower days that we wouldn't run into so many tourist.

We went down to Pikes and looked all around. I was excited to show him the tea/spice store down there. Once Brad was done with school we meet up with him and Derek. We had lunch at Blue C. That place is a ton of fun. Then we were off to the Space Needle.

Next we walked to the Seattle Sculpture Garden that is located along the waterfront.This is the only picture that I have of Brad and Derek this day. This is a common view that I have when I hang out with them, they forget that some people have short legs.

Later that night we drove down to Tacoma and went to the art museum. They are currently showing Norman Rockwell. This is the only northwest venue that is showing it. When I started to research about the show I found out that every 3rd Thursday is free! So it was a double score for all of us. I will have to say that man's art work is really underrated! I knew that he was good but I didn't know that he was that good..wow. I think that I could have easily stayed there for another hour looking at his paintings. I believe that they said there were 44 paintings and 343 covers of the magazine he did over the years, or something close to that. He knew his stuff!

There was more that we did but I don't have any photos of it yet. Joel is suppose to be emailing me a couple more when he gets home. When he does I will put them up here too.

No comments: