Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sometimes there really isn't a title that you can give a blog post. Today is a good day..we finally have warm weather (even saw blue skies), I made it home from work with out the car breaking down on me, and not being completely worn out!

I think that I am really starting to get used to the city living. I will just have to say that I am in heaven right now. As in the words of a friend the city is sparkling for me. Tomorrow is pay day and that means that I get to go shopping for food. I am really excited about this and have been looking forward to doing this since last pay check. There is a place called Trader Joe's that is two blocks from my house. It is a health food store but nothing like the health food stores in Utah where they charge you an arm and a leg for food that is going to last a day because no one can afford to shop there so the food is bad when you get it. But I think that I am in love! The prices at this place are cheaper then what the Safeway and you get better items.

I have been trying to cook more at home now that I am a little settled and don't have the money to eat out. There is a farmer market every sat that is located a couple of blocks from my house. I'm going to have some cash this weekend so when I get off of work I can go check it out. Two blocks in the other direction is a fish market and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is a pay check that I can go and buy some fresh seafood. Last night for some reason I decided that I needed to learn how to make an omelet. If you know me at all I have a really hard time with the texture of eggs, but I sucked it up. They were so yummy that I ate the whole thing. I can't wait to make them again! So excited that my first attempt was a success.

Another thing that I have been trying to do is buy food and not let it go to waste. This is something that I had a major problem with in Utah. It was just too easy to go out and eat so what food I did manage to buy just went moldy. I would like to get some food storage saved up but I don't see that one happening any time soon. Lets just say that my move up here I lost all of my food that I did have. In Springville the week that I was moving out my fridge decided that it was going to stop working. Lost everything that was in my fridge and freezer. I will never forget Joel's face when he discovered it. He picked up a Creamy that was in its bag and held it up. All the liquid ran to the bottom of the bag. EW! The smell was something horrible. That is just the beginning..when we got up here the bottom plug that we plugged my deep freezer in doesn't work. My freezer sat for two weeks with the food brewing the most god awful smell before it was discovered. I just want to say that I am surprised that I am able to eat after having to clean that up. I don't think that I have ever had to clean up something so disgusting in my life. I would rather clean up a million puke piles! Anyways...

Seattle is so amazing! There is so much to do here. Last week we meet up with Derek and other people and watched Rocky Horror Picture Show. I will have to say that this was so much freaking fun. Derek was so excited that he left early to get seats. Brad and me were running late because Brad was in school. When we got there we discovered that Derek got us front row seats. I wasn't sure about it at first but I will have to say that I don't think that there is any other way that you could, especially that first time. I can honestly say that I can't wait until the next time that we can do it.

On Friday Brad and me are going to go buy memberships to the SAM (Seattle Art Museum). They have a show there right now that we are both dieing to go see, Picasso! We have been waiting to go see this and I was looking at the prices and it will be the same price for us to get a membership compared to us seeing the show twice. Kind of a no brainer!

1 comment:

Journey Rocks! said...

I LOVE reading your posts about city life! It sure sounds like you are having a great time -- I have to admit that in my sisterly way I have been worried about you. I can't wait to leave everyone behind and visit you! The things we will see -- the places we will go. Definitely don't want to miss the farmer's market!!! :)