Sunday, September 15, 2013

Snoqualmie..

On Sunday both Bradley and I had a day off together. I had told him for a week that he was needing to charge the camera. He blew me off and didn't end up doing. The night before I was telling him that I was wanting to go hiking in the morning..still didn't get the hint that the camera was needing to be charged. So as we were driving up to Snoqualmie we were charging the camera in the car and we had to keep our fingers crossed that it wouldn't die.

This is another place that I had on my list of things that we were needing to go and see. I looked on the internet on how to get to Snoqualmie Falls and that is where I read that they had opened up the new trails the day before. That means that we were able to walk to the water. There was on trail that wasn't open but it was ok. Not that big of a deal. The views we got to see were amazing!


Snoqualmie Falls..
It was misty and great Washington weather.


Bradley standing by the falls..don't look so excited Bradley!


Libby standing by the lookout..


Brad walking down the trail looking for cougars and bears :)


Awesome trees..


Bradley standing by some pipe things..


Libby standing by by pipe statue..
Had to stand on my tip toes to touch the top :)


View of the river..


Looking at the bugs in the water..


Another view of the river..


Self photo from the rock we were sitting on..


Bradley taking pictures of the river..


Libby and Bradley..


As I mentioned before Brad was watching out for cougars and bears..

Brad was having a hard time relaxing as we hiked down the mountain. He was making me laugh because he saw a lady in a black coat through the trees and thought it was some type of animal that was going to come get him.

After we had looked at the falls and headed back to the car we decided that it was lunch time. I had researched places to go in Snoqualmie and one of the places that I found was the Snoqualmie Candy Factory. It was right across the street from the next place I wanted to check out. We had a lunch of tasty hamburgers and the closes thing to fry sauce that we have had outside of Utah.

Across the street was the Northwest Railway Museum. While we were eating we watched a train with people on it drive past. I freaked out and decided that we needed to see if we could get tickets. So after lunch we headed over to the museum and got tickets.


Train with the conductor..


Snoqualmie Depot..


Exploring the train..at the end and in the car we decided to ride in.


Bradley walking through a scary car..didn't like this one so much.


This car reminded us of Mad Men..


Libby so EXCITED to be on a train..


Brad was excited too but he doesn't look like he was exploding with it :)

The ride was nothing like we thought that it was going to be. It was actually quite a let down. Most of the ride we were riding through residential areas and most of the time we were just heading to pick up more people. The best part was when we turned around and headed back towards the depot. This was when we were going to past it and head out to the falls. Snoqualmie Falls is used to generate electricity or something like that. So this was the view from the top of the falls.


Top of the falls..


Libby looking at where we were sitting in the river earlier in the day..


Bradley trying not to look so disappointed from the ride. He did agree that this was the prettiest part of the ride..



The drop off from the tracks was a little scary and you can see where the hill side has started to erode. Didn't ask Brad what he thought about it but I'm sure if you noticed it, it would have really scared him. He has a thing with heights.


Last shot of the car that we rode in. 
Bradley in the top..Libby in the bottom photo.

The next part of the museum was actually really cool. The best way to describe it would be a train graveyard. These engines and cars looked like they were past the point of being repaired. They were really rusty and in a sad state. They made some very interesting things to look at.


Bradley taking photos with his phone..


Bradley taking a photo of his favorite engine..


Don't know why he is leaning into the train but love this photo of him and the train..


Brad standing by the Shell Gasoline tank..


This was my favorite piece that they had there. It was a crane that would go to the site of a wreck and pick up the pieces of the crash site. I thought it was very interesting to think about and very cool equipment.


I thought that this was a very funny sign..
I don't know what person in their right mind would want to drink out of this!

 Besides being a little let down on the train ride this was a good outing. So happy that my camera didn't die even though it was a concern the whole day. Two more things that we can check off our list. I can't wait to see where our next adventure takes us :)

No comments: