Sunday, September 8, 2013

Drew's Seattle Trip..

This weekend Drew came up and spent a couple of days with us. Luck for him he was able to spend some sunny time in Seattle. The few days before he came up it had been raining like no other up here in Seattle and from the sounds of it, it had been doing the same thing down in Portland. He had brought his rain jacket but no shorts..go figure :)

While Drew was here he was showing us a game that he has be doing on his phone. I will be the first one to admit that I wasn't exactly sure what it all meant but there is two teams and they consist of people around the world. There are different portals people had set up and you go there to claim territories. You are able to see on a map an area of about 5 blocks. When he got up here he showed us a couple of places that were around our place so we went on a walk to go check into the places. 

There was a couple landmarks that I knew right away and then there was a couple of things that Brad and I had never see before. It was kind of exciting..

One of the places was a park right off the freeway by our house. Don't know why we hadn't ever made it up there but once we got there it was easy to see that was somewhere where the bums would sleep in the sun. There is tennis courts and a playground for children there too. Kind of a cool place  that we would have never gone.


Inside the play ground there was this little statute.  
He was pushing down a little house looking thing. He was funny :)

Once it was time for dinner we were trying to think of places that we could go. Brad and Drew thought that maybe we should go out and get some wings. At the last second I changed plans and we headed down to Blue Moon Burgers. This is one of my favorite places to eat in the whole world. For some reason service was SUPER slow! Not a good first impression for Drew but the food didn't disappoint! While we were down in South Lake Union area Drew checked and there was a bunch of different spots that we could hit in a couple block area. It was too exciting. I love to see new things.


Drew and Libby by the Worlds Largest Trophy Cup.


Libby by an awesome bubble sculpture..

One of the art works that was in a window was a interactive piece. There was a camera that could take your picture and then it did a mash-up with other photos that were on file. Below is a couple with my picture. It was real funny to watch it.


Here I am watching myself on the big screen. 

Love it when we have visitors come up and see us. Its always so much fun to hang out with Drew. Next time we are going to have to make a trip down to Portland. What a great weekend to have off!

1 comment:

Pat said...


Thanks for the skype last night, it's always so good to see and hear from you two. I enjoy hearing about your adventures and seeing the photos here.

Makes me a little envious - I'm sure there are so many things to see here too, but I will probably never see anything besides my 4 walls. Your dad isn't as adventurous as you are, and I am just... stuck.

Love you guys!