Sunday, May 5, 2013

Portland Friends Trip..

This past weekend the Fisher's came up to Seattle for the weekend. Lucky for me it was my weekend off so I was able to spend time with everyone. I just need to say this now so it isn't confusing to anyone. Brad is Drew's father and Bradley is my Brad. It makes life less complicated to do it this way. Brad's mom was visiting them and they decided to bring her up to Seattle. They had a couple of things that they wanted to go see while they were in town and there was some new places that we had to take them.

On a previous visit when I wasn't able to hang out with them they had tried to go to the new Chiluly Garden and Glass Museum. It was closed at that time for a private event and they were not able to get in so this time around that was the number one thing that they were wanting to do.  This place wasn't something that really interested Bradley or me to go on our own but it was a good excuse to go see it with them. Glass art is a really big deal out here.


The really cool thing about this place was that in a couple of rooms they had people that would walk around with fancy cameras and take photos of you. This one here is of Bradley, Libby, Drew, and Kim. This lets you see how huge these glass sculptures are.


This room was the best thing in the whole place if you were to ask my opinion. I love red and yellows..that is why I made Brad get a photo next to it. The glass is sat on top of mirrors so the reflection makes it so much grander. In these photos I am trying hard to cover up the bandage that was on my hand from my cut..that explains why I look a little awkward. 


This was the other room that I loved. Do you notice the theme with the reds and yellows?  Here you can see that my had is all bandaged up. That was what I was trying to hide in the last couple of pictures. The Fishers are up in the right hand side in the corner of the building.

While they were up here we look them to several different tourist places in Seattle. This would include Pikes Market and the troll. There was also some yummy restaurants that we visited, including Pike Seattle Brewing Company, Bizzaro, and Full Tilt Ice Cream. It was quite an eventful day and we ended it all with the beautiful view of Seattle from Kerry Park. This is the place that all of the photos on postcards of downtown are taken.

On Sunday the plan was to go to the Tacoma Glass Museum. Once again not a place that Bradley and I would go on our own but we were able to talk them into going to the car museum while we were in the neighborhood. I don't have any photos with people inside of the car museum, Bradley was helping Kim take photos of hood decorations. 

When we were done at the car musuem we headed to lunch. There is a great place called the Swiss Pub that is right in the same neighborhood. This place was recommended by two of the guys that Bradley works with. It will be a stop that we take every time we go to Tacoma! Yummy!!!


Inside of the Glass Museum they have a whole room where you can sit in the audience and watch them blow glass. They have several huge ovens and other tools that are needed to make glass structures. I think that this is the best part of the whole museum and could spend a lot of time watching the guys do it. It really makes me glad that Bradley choose to do print making instead of glass work. In my head it seems to be safer..which I know is really not the case. Just different worlds. The photo above is the roof of the place where they work. 


Bradley being the trickster that he is :)


Brad, Ruth Kim, Libby, and Bradley..

These final two photos is by the old train station near the Glass Museum. We were not able to get in but we were able to peek in the windows and see more glass work. This area is plastered with glass art. We love it when we have visitors in town. Always makes for a great time!

No comments: