I have noticed that it has been months since I have updated this blog. Much has happened and don't really know where to start. Around the middle of February (I believe) I got a promotion at work and now I am running the meat department. This is a place that I have wanted to go and learn. Not going to lie it was a little scary with the changes and stuff that I have to learn but so far it has been a good thing. Kind of sad leaving the bakery world behind though. For this job I have had to learn a ton about meat..go figure. I have been on the block learning how to cut and identify different cuts of meat. I officially got my meat cutting license and the raise in pay hasn't been a bad thing either.
I went to Utah for a day and got a new car. My brothers both drove back to Seattle with me. While I was down there I had a party at my mom's house and everyone was able to show up. Brad's parents have moved down to Vegas but due to some meetings they were actually able to show up. It was real great to see everyone and I got to cook dinner for a group of people. That is something that I have missed a whole bunch since moving up here due to the lack of people :)
Brad has been prepping for a solo show that is going to be happening in June. My mom is going to come for the opening. That will be a lot of fun. Brad officially sold a piece of art from the SAM Gallery. That was a very exciting letter to open :) Funny thing is that its the print that has a gun in it..the one print that everyone told him that he was going to have a hard time to sale it. Guess the joke was on everyone.
I had an incident at work where I cut my had real bad with a box knife a month ago. It could have been a ton worse! It is crazy how the human body heals. The skin has grown back together but is super tender still. Thinking that I will always have a numb finger but that is just something that I will have to learn to deal with. As I am typing this post right now I am struggling with that finger. I keep working with it to get more movement out of it and typing is going to be a way that I can exercise it.
Well that is all that I am going to write about tonight. Hopefully I can find so time in the near future to post some photos!
1 comment:
Thanks for updating - I miss hearing what is going on up there.
Brad's show is a solo show? Wow - that is cool, can't wait to see the invite!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment