The last couple of weeks have been a busy time for us. I still haven't really meet up with Brad to have him help me write about the trip that we took to the air museum, but keep your eyes open because it is going to be happening soon! Today is my day off and I am trying to figure out what I am going to do with my time. Brad is at school today for 8-8 so hanging out with him is out of the equation. Its not exactly a sunny day either so it is hard to think of a place to go.
I have been working on a bunch of different crafts the last couple of weeks. This includes my scrapbook. I have a coupon to get free prints at Sam's Club from buying my camera and it was going to expire so I decided that I would print off photos from last year. My stack of pictures that is needing a home has grown a couple more inches. I have decided that I need to do a page a day to knock that project. For Christmas this year my mom-in-law had sent me some supplies to keep me going in the world of scrapbooking. I don't know what I would do without her! There really isn't any shops around here that sale that type of thing. I think that there are a couple up north but its so far out of my way that I just never adventure up there.
Another project that I have been working on is crocheting around baby blankets. I need to stop you right there before you look too far into that statement. I am not going to have a baby or anything! That is something that is not going to happen for me! My manager at work is the one that is going to have a baby and all of us in the bakery are going in on a present for him and his wife. Before I had moved up here my mom had stocked me up on blankets to work on. They are nice to have on hand and it gives me something to do while I am watching a movie at home. I'm really trying to use up all of the crafting supplies that I have on hand and not go out and buy more. I have enough to last a life time :)
Work has been going really great for me. I can still say that I honestly LOVE my job. Don't get me wrong through, there are parts of it the totally frustrate me. Those are the things thought that I just have to plow through though. One goal that I had given myself last year on my evaluation was that I wanted to learn how to drive a fork lift. For the last couple of weeks I have been training. It is a very exciting thing to be able to do, I won't lie though it is a little scary to be driving such a big piece of equipment. I am finally getting comfortable in the things that I have learned and just need to get more practice. That is one thing that I can cross of my list of things to do.
I also LOVE the ladies that I work with. I don't believe that I could have a better crew! I think that they are the major part of why I like my job as much as I do. They are the sweetest people that I know. Everyone that I work with is from a different country so I am getting exposed to different cultures, something that would have never happened if I was still in Utah. My favorite thing is when they share food with me. I got a text yesterday from one of them saying that she had made spring rolls for me and Brad. I meet up with her in the parking lot. She was too cute. It was a whole meal that she had done. There was enough spring rolls for us to eat 3 meals, dipping sauce, 2 tangerines, and a pack of gum "because there is a lot of garlic." She is a real good cook and is always sharing Chinese food!
Another lady that I work with is from India. I think that this lady is also amazing. I talk food with her all of the time. It is crazy to hear what she does every day. She makes her own yogurt, bread, and food everyday. They don't eat animals or eggs but the way that she seasons I don't think that you would ever have to eat those! I think that I am needing some cooking lessons from her! They way that she uses veggies I would have never thought of and with the way that they taste is out of this world! (Brad's favorite thing that he has discovered by moving out here is how much he loves Indian food, this is saying a lot since when we first got married all he ate was mac and cheese.) She said in her country the women cooked while the men worked. It really is just a different world compared to what I had grown up in. I love the cultural diversity in my department. I have learned so much from all of them!
Last Saturday Bradley and me went to the Georgetown Art Walk. There was a few good things out there. I saw some art that has really inspired me. I keep playing with ideas in my head. My favorite thing about these are walks is that the artist open up their studios and let you walk in and see how they work. I find it very interesting to see what different supplies that people used. This work I saw was amazing and totally something that I could do. Don't know exactly what Brad thought about it but he was a good sport :) When my mom comes out next month we are going to be going down there. I hope that this studio is open so that I can show her the work in it.
Brad is working on his BFA show right now. He is doing wood blocks and is to the point that he is able to start cutting the boards on a couple. Last night he finished carving out his 2 print. I am so excited for him. He has put in a ton of hard work and the fun part is finally here. Printing is when all of the magic starts. I will keep you updated on this as time goes on. I am so proud of all of the work that he has done with his school. It will be interesting to see where the next step in life will take us. It is that time where he is starting to check out grad programs. He has some great goals for life and I can't wait!
Well that is a rather long update with what we are doing in life right now. Like I said before there will be more about the air museum I just need to find some time with Brad to write about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment