We all have lists of things that we want, my list hasn't really changed for a couple of years, but there is always the issue of money. This year when we got our tax money back, I decided that I was going to just buy a couple of those things that I keep telling Brad that we should save up and get. I'm going to give you a quick little tour of my apartment,I know that we have lived here since September but I am just barely taking pictures of everything. This is actually the first apartment that we have had that I have taken pictures of. I think that this is also the first apartment that I absolutely LOVE! It has a ton of space, unlike Ephraim. It also doesn't constantly stink because of gross carpets, like Springville. I believe that my one bedroom Seattle apartment is bigger then our two bedroom apartment that we had. It is great.

Well here above me to this is a picture of me standing in our living room and this is where we are going to start the tour..
I would l

ike now to take the time to say goodbye to an old friend. This friend would be our living room rug. It had done its time. Didn't matter how much we vacuumed it it constantly felt greasy gross. I had been looking for a new rug for over a year now, even when we were still living in Utah. The search came to an end when Brad and me were at our last resort and looked at Target. This was the first store that actually had several rugs that could have worked in our apartment, and also wasn't going to cost over $200. I can't believe how much people spend on rugs.

We had made a deal that we were not going to put down the new rug until we had gotten our apartment ready for our company that was coming to visit. It was a good motivator to get it done but it also was one of the hardest things that I have had to do because I was too excited to just put it down! I am one of those people that like to have things happen right away and has a hard time waiting. (I am also not good at surprises either.) I would like to also put it out there that I loved our old rug. It took me about the same amount of time to find it. I had actually seen it at a store and kept an eye on it for quite sometime, then one day when I went to go peek at it again it was on sale. That meant it was mine.

This is the last picture of our old rug. Brad did all the grunt work and rolled it up :) At this time I would also like to say that Bradley is wearing a new shirt the we got him. I think that he looks really cute in it. We have been having problems finding him new shirts that are not just blue. He has yellow tinted skin and can't do any warm colors..meaning reds and yellows. They drain the color out of his skin and make him look sickly. I think that this shirt was a good choice for him. We have came a long way out of his high school days when he would only wear black. Now he is grown up and knows that there are all type of possibilities for him.
Now here is the moment that you have all been waiting for...

This is the grand picture of our new rug in our living room. It is all so soft, its a shag rug so all I want to do when I get home is sit on it. While we were watching The Big Bang Theory, Brad realized that we have the same pillow that Raj has sitting on his couch. It was a funny discovery.

This is a picture of our bathroom. We got a new shower curtain. I now like my bathroom so much better. It makes the bathroom feel so much bigger and brighter. Buying a new shower curtain also was a purchase that took me and Bradley longer then it should have. I think we were just being too picky but it is something that we are going to have to live with for a long time. As a last resort we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Who would have know that they would have so many different shower curtains to choose from. It was a easy decision when we saw this one. We also got new rings to hold the curtain up. They are fancy, when Brad saw them he said that he like them and I agreed, so we got them.

This is the last picture that I am going to post today. This is the view from my coutch looking out the window. The desk is where Bradley works on his art stuff. Its a dark photo because there was too much sun that day. These windows are another reason that I love my apartment so much. They let in so much light. Our apartment is on a corner so every room has these huge windows in them. I don't know how we ever lived in our first apartment for so long without any windows. This is something that we are never going to do again.
Well that is the end of our tour of my apartment, maybe one day I will take some pictures of my kitchen. It has red counters and matches all of my kitchen things I have. It was one of the only kitchens that Brad found when he was looking for apartments that had a full size stove and fridge. In my dining room I can have my square table and my deep freezer. The bedroom is able to fit all of my bedroom set and still have room to spare. I Love this place..Seattle is amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment