Today is my day off :) Think that I have finally caught up on all of the sleep that I lost this weekend. Feeling a little antsy at the moments. I've got a list a million miles long that I need to work on but the thing that I am needing the most right now is a little me time. I've been wanting to do something with my yarns but they are spread all over the place. I got yarn upstairs but my hooks are somewhere downstairs in the storage unit. I don't know if I want to have to dig through all those boxes so I can find them. We will have to see how that works out for me. To be lazy or not..that is a great question.
One of the ladies that I work with was telling how she was planning on cleaning up her yard on her day off. She was talking about rosemary plants that she had, a subject that only came up because of a new type of bread that we sale. She asked me if I liked rosemary, which I replied that yes I do like to cook with it. She told me that she would bring me in some fresh rosemary..a couple days later..she brought it in. Lets just say that it was not what I was imagining her to bring to me. When she asked I was thinking just a little so I could cook with it in actuality she brought me 3 twigs to grow :) Took me by surprise and if you know me at all I am not one to grow plants. I've been lucky that I have kept my bamboo plant alive for almost a year and a half. Today I finally planted them in a pot and I'm going to see if I can get them to grow. I look at it this way, if I fail then I will just dry the rosemary and use it. If I don't fail then I will have a supply of fresh rosemary, so its a win win situation. I hope that it will work for me.
On Sunday Brad and me went and volunteered our time to the MS Walk. It was nothing like what I was expecting. We agreed that we would help with the hot dogs, but there was another group of people that really took over and there was nothing much for us to do besides fill up the boxes of chips. If I would have know that we would have had a ton more fun doing the walk, but I guess that it is the thought that counts. My work does this thing called VAPs, volunteering always pays..or something like that. With every ten people we can get to volunteer from Sam's Club, they will donate $1,000 to that charity. There was something like 54 people that showed up meaning that my club is going to be able to donate $5,000. That is the max amount that can be donated. Real exciting if you ask me. I have only ever done this once before in my other club when we made blankets for the children hospital. Its a good feeling to be apart of something good in the community.
Besides that I don't really have too much more to say, that just about sums up my weekend. Still loving life and Seattle living!
1 comment:
thank you for the comment, and I should have emailed you for them ha
Post a Comment