Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh what a day..

This day has been something else. That is all I'm going to say.

This past week has been really good to us though. Last Saturday, guess it would have been the 5th, we went to our first concert up here. Man have I been needing to do this for a long time. I have been deprived of this since I have moved out to Seattle.

We all have a list of concert that "we have to see before we die." This was one of Brad's that he was able to cross off and had been on his list for 11 years. We went and saw OZZY! Can I say that the old man can still rock! We were both a little worried about how it was going to be. He played a bunch of his old stuff and even a couple of Black Sabbath songs. Oh it took us both back to Bradley's metal days. Its sad to say but I miss those days. I keep trying to convince him that he needs to grow out his hair again, don't think that one is going to happen though, just can't seem to convince him.

I think that this is the longest stretch of time that I have know Brad to not be in a band. Makes me really sad, I just love the whole band/concert scene. Going to this show had also made Brad want to be in a metal band again :) He pulled out his guitar and had been playing. I'm not going to mention his injury...lol

Now if we fast forward to this past weekend, it was another busy one. On Friday night we went out with some friends to a gallery opening to see on Brad's favorite painters. Brian Despain was showing at the Roq La Rue Gallery. He is a pop surrealist and does a lot of amazing paintings with robots and birds in them. Its always so fascinating to see how much of a change there is from looking at art on the internet/books compared to seeing them in real life. This gallery seems to have a lot of interesting artist pass through it and this is the second show that we have seen there that one of Brad's favorite artist has shown at.

On Saturday night I had to close at work so I was unable to go to another concert with Brad but he went to a folk metal show with all of the bands being from Finland. Too bad that I had to work, sounds like they really rocked the place! Brad came home super excited about it.

While I was reading in the newspaper at work I came across a theater downtown that was playing some old movies. So this is where our Sunday adventure came into place. We went and saw Breakfast at Tiffany's. Seeing classics on the big screen is always so much fun. The theater itself was quite the experience. They had kept the theme of a good old fashion movie theater. There was carpet on the floor, balcony seats, and a velvet curtain that opened up when the movie started. It was high class :) On their website they talked about how they had chocolate popcorn, which I was extremely interested in but come to find out they were out of it for the day. Guess that I will have to try it the next time that we go there.

The other thing that this theater had to offer was in the lobby they had costumes from different movies on display. There was Austin Powers, Dr. Evil, a outfit that John Wane wore, the green joker outfit that Jim Carrey wore, a Blade costume, original Tron, and the trench coat that was from the Matrix that the lead guy wore. Sorry I'm drawing a blank on what his name is. There were also a couple of costumes that some girls wore but they were not worth remembering I guess because I can't remember what they were either.

Well that is all the exciting stuff that we have been doing that isn't our normal every day life. Hopefully it won't be so long before I post again but I wouldn't hold my breath.

2 comments:

Journey Rocks! said...

I am so "jealous"! I would love to see an old movie (or movies) in a theater like that! And the concert sounds like a ton of fun...

I really miss you! You definitely need to post more adventures so I may continue to live my life vicariously through your's. LOL

:)

Jena Harper said...

So you still need to put some pics of your place up! :-D