First of all I would like to say that I have set a goal for myself this year. My goal is to read ten new books. I'm trying to keep it realistic so that is why I have set it at ten. If I can do more then that would be awesome. Last night I finished reading my first book. It was the first book in The Wheel of Time series, The Eye of the World, by Robert Jordan. I never thought that I would like fantasy books but I have been enjoying them more and more. My friend Karin is into this series and I have always wondered what was so good that would make someone read all of them. I think that there are like ten or more in the series. Don't quote me thought, I don't remember. It was a book that I couldn't put down and now I have to read the second book. There are several used book stores by my house so I am hoping that I will be able to find it asap. That will be my task tomorrow.
Second when I got home today Brad was already home from school/work. I have been telling him that last two weeks I have been in the mood to watch some mindless killing. Tonight we watched the movie Machete. I think that it has only filled my cup half way full but it was a good movie. One that I will want to see again. The soundtrack was good too, I think that I need to go get it.
Third of all tonight for dinner we walked to a restaurant called the Taste of India. Man it was so much food that we will have enough for dinner tomorrow. They gave us complementary mango cheesecake :) YUMMY! This place is going to be somewhere we are going to have to go again.
I just finished up my first week being the team lead. I am really going to enjoy this job. Everything about it has been a good thing. Well time to head off to bed..
1 comment:
Some of the best book deals that I find on Amazon come from shops in Seattle. What a fun area you live in!
...If anyone had told me Brad would be loving Indian food, I would have laughed in their face. Thanks for getting him to try new things. :-)
(Mindless killing? *shudder* I can't even watch Ghost Whisperer too close to bed time!)
Post a Comment