All of the food worked out perfect, except for the peach cobbler. I think that I need to find another recipe for them. I thought that they were horrible but everyone lied and said that it was good. I found a recipe for "sparkling potatoes" which I thought sounded interesting. All I can say is yummy! Its a keeper..
I had thought for a long time what I could get Brad for a present and I came up with the idea to find a hutch or something that he could put all of his art supplies together and get them organized and off the floor. My moms husband had three bookshelves that he was wanting to get rid of so I went over to his house and choose out the one that I thought would work the best. I had to steal the top part of Brads easel and got paint colored matched so he could have a yellow studio. His mom helped me paint it so that it could be ready for his to see on his birthday. At first he was a little bummed that I didn't get his a PS3 but he came around and thought that this was a super awesome present. Everyone thinks that I should keep it for myself and put it in my kitchen because it would match all of my dishes and cherry things that I have :)
Last night his family threw him a party. Its hard to track everyone down because of work schedules and everything but some how we were able to pull it off and have everyone there. Even Grandpa Taylor was there..this was a shock to everyone because there was a BYU football game that was going on. It was great to see everyone. I feel like this whole summer I haven't been able to be part of the family because I didn't have a car and had to finish the stupid math class. Its so great to have that stress off of me now.
This has been a concert going week too. On Thursday we went and saw Rancid. Brad was on such a concert high after they were done. Last year when they came they did two shows and we were not able to go because we had work. Brad was really bummed about it and was working a graveyard shift so he had a lot of time to think about it. Well the nice thing about working at a gas station is that there is a lot of traffic that comes through. So that night when he was feeling bad about missing the show, guess who's tour bus happened to stop there. RANCID! So he was able to meet some of the guys that were in the band. Not exactly the same as seeing them play but almost as good.
Friday night we got tickets and went to another show. Flogging Molly..they are so good. I have seen them 3 times in concert and could totally do it again! There really is nothing else like going to a good punk rock concert! We were in the back of the venue but in the back there are big boxes/step things that you can stand on. So I was actually able to see the bands play instead of the tallest guy at the concerts back. It goes without fail that that always happens to me. I must be a magnet to them.
Got to hang out with Joel today. Got to talk about life and all of that fun stuff. It exciting to see what great things that he is planning to do with his life. I'm trying to convince him that he needs to move up to Seattle with Brad and me next summer, but he isn't really going for that one. He keeps saying that its not his type of a city. Maybe I can keep working on him and get him convinced on the idea :) Tomorrow night I get to watch my sisters kids while her and her husband go to a concert. I'm really excited about that. I don't really get to see them that much anymore since we have moved. Its crazy how life just goes on. I think that we are going to go out and have pizza for dinner and everything. It is going to be a lot of fun. Just the couple of months that I haven't seen them on a weekly basis they have grown so much. It just blows my mind.
This has been a concert going week too. On Thursday we went and saw Rancid. Brad was on such a concert high after they were done. Last year when they came they did two shows and we were not able to go because we had work. Brad was really bummed about it and was working a graveyard shift so he had a lot of time to think about it. Well the nice thing about working at a gas station is that there is a lot of traffic that comes through. So that night when he was feeling bad about missing the show, guess who's tour bus happened to stop there. RANCID! So he was able to meet some of the guys that were in the band. Not exactly the same as seeing them play but almost as good.
Friday night we got tickets and went to another show. Flogging Molly..they are so good. I have seen them 3 times in concert and could totally do it again! There really is nothing else like going to a good punk rock concert! We were in the back of the venue but in the back there are big boxes/step things that you can stand on. So I was actually able to see the bands play instead of the tallest guy at the concerts back. It goes without fail that that always happens to me. I must be a magnet to them.
Got to hang out with Joel today. Got to talk about life and all of that fun stuff. It exciting to see what great things that he is planning to do with his life. I'm trying to convince him that he needs to move up to Seattle with Brad and me next summer, but he isn't really going for that one. He keeps saying that its not his type of a city. Maybe I can keep working on him and get him convinced on the idea :) Tomorrow night I get to watch my sisters kids while her and her husband go to a concert. I'm really excited about that. I don't really get to see them that much anymore since we have moved. Its crazy how life just goes on. I think that we are going to go out and have pizza for dinner and everything. It is going to be a lot of fun. Just the couple of months that I haven't seen them on a weekly basis they have grown so much. It just blows my mind.

3 comments:
I don't know what you're talking about because Erin and I really did love that cobbler! :-)
I miss you guys...
oh, and I love the yellow hutch! I want to find something like that for my kitchen.
Post a Comment