Life has been really busy the last couple of weeks. I didn't even realize that I haven't written for a while. Don't even know where to begin, life is coming at us fast!
Last week I sent Brad off to an art department trip to Chicago. He faced his fears of the town and had a really good time. When he was working in layaway in Seattle there was a guy new to town that would tell him scary stories about Chicago. Luckily he didn't to deal with anything that was even close to the stories he was told. While he was there he got to see a ton of art work and came home excited to work on his own. He said that there was not a lot that was in his taste that he was finding until the last two day. At least he didn't come home feeling like it was a trip wasted. Next time I think that I would want to go there with him. That has always been a place that I would love to visit!
While Brad was gone I got the idea that I was going to refinish a end table that we have. This is a project that I have been talking about doing for three years and every time that I saw it I was reminded that it really needed to be worked on. I have never taken on a project such as that so I had no idea what I was really getting myself into. It had a super high gloss on it from the 70's that made it so that it didn't match anything else in the house and 2 legs that were pass the point of repair. I was talking to my friends at work and one of them said that they had refinished a dresser when she was in high school and that she was more then happy to come and figure it out. Three days later and I had a brand new table, and Karin and me had faced our fears of staining wood. It wasn't as hard as we thought it would be and now we can take on the world when it comes to staining.
Tonight was the final night that me and my friends were going to go see Twilight in the movie theater. Can't believe that time is going by so fast. I won a safety drawing at my work so that means that on Saturday I will have enough money to get it :) I'm a girl and I am allowed every once in a while to act like a girl.
On Friday I'm going to be going to a scarpbook convention with my sis and mother in law. I like doing that, it is really fun but I always spend more money then what I plan on doing. Also while we are up that way we are going to be going to a bead store. Two bad things in one day to spend money on :)
Nothing else to really report on. Brad and me need to really focus on school the next 6 weeks and get good grades. I know that the time is going to fly!
No comments:
Post a Comment