Thursday, December 26, 2013

Dinner..

Christmas dinner this year I was wanting to do something special. Don't really get into the holiday spirit around here, I think that has something to do with working retail/food service. This time of year really bring the worse out in people. But I think that it had something to do with working in the meat department and seeing all of these yummy rib roast getting cut. I decided that I was going to make a fancy dinner. I had to have Bradley take my picture with the food before we ate.

I am wearing an apron that my mom made. I don't know that she was even sewing anymore so I was surprised to get it as a Christmas gift. I am so domestic. I'm even wearing pearls as I cooked :) I was very proud that everything turned out perfect.


Menu
Seasoned Rib Roast
Crab Cakes
Mash Potatoes
Pink Salad
Rolls

 This was my first attempt at cooking a rib roast..aka prime rib. It was so tender and flavorful that everyone had to take a second helping on it. The recipe that I used was one a lady from my work raved about. I think that anyone could cook it..not sure where she got the recipe from but here it is:

Foolproof Rib Roast

1 rib roast (any size, at room temperature)
salt and pepper to taste, garlic (optional) 
note: I also used some Chicago Steak Seasoning.

Rub the roast with the seasonings and place in an open roasting pan, rib side down. Roast for 1 hour at 375 degrees. Turn the oven and keep the door shut until ready to contunue cooking. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!!!

About 40 minutes before serving, turn the oven on again to 375 degrees. Regardless the size of the roast, it will be well browned on the outside and rare inside. If you want it more well done, add moer time to the finally reheating.

When I did my roast I had about a 5 pound roast and let it sit in the oven turned off for about an hour while I prepped all of my other food. Then I turned the oven back on for about an hour. I don't really like it super rare meat. This allowed it to cook it with just a little bit of pink in the middle without drying it out. This is the recipe to use if you are ever want to cook a perfect roast! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

No comments: