Friday was the Shareholders Meeting and the whole reason that we went to Arkansas. This meeting was insane! Wasn't exactly sure what to expect but it was a million times better then I thought it would be. It is a very big deal and make me very excited to work for this company.
We had been surviving off of 2 hours of sleep each night for the last few nights. We don't look to bad if I can say so myself..ha ha.
All of the different different companies that make up Walmart wore different colors of shirts and sat together in the auditorium. Sam's Club was in orange and we definitely stood out in the crowd. Couldn't miss us :)
Right before the meeting. This is the view from where we sitting.
These three people above are Sam Walton's children. Don't know why his daughter didn't dress
up more. I know if I had her money I would totally use it for a nicer
wardrobe but then again that is just me.
Justin Timberlake was the MC of the Shareholders Meeting. He came out on stage wearing this outfit. Sam Walton had worn something similar this to Wall Street because he had lost a bet. Justin is a very funny guy, who would have know! I'm kind of out of the loop when it come to celebrities.
More country music..Zac Brown Band
This was the Sam's Club part of the meeting. You can barely see her but the President and CEO was talking on stage. We were told that Sam's Club was know to be the loudest and the proudest so whenever we heard "Sam's Club" said at all we were to stand up and cheer. All I would like to say is mission accomplished.
Cool presentation with the different countries that we are in.
All Night Long..
Justin did a skit about quitting the entertainment business and getting a job at Walmart.
Justin looking confused because we were shouting due to the fact of him talking about "Sam's Club."
Taylor Swift came and performed a couple of her songs. She was actually the only country singer that I had heard of the whole week.
Mike Duke and and associate that has been with Walmart for 50 years. This lady was a firecracker! Health and beauty is her section and she had talked about how she had trained a bunch of managers and is still helping train them. This year was the 50th anniversary of Walmart and she was excited to see what the next 50 years have to offer.
Celine Dion was the closing performer. Not to much of a fan but she did sound really good.
This is a photo that I was able to find online that I was in. You have to look really close but I am located on the right hand side behind the guy's elbow. When I showed Joel he said that this photo really reminded him of Monsters Inc when Mike was excited about being on the commercial and the logo was placed right on his face. It makes me laugh now every time that I see this photo.
Early morning Breakfast. Barely awake..
This concludes my trip to Arkansas. It was more fun then what I can even express. I'm very glad that I was chosen go this year!


No comments:
Post a Comment