Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tea Time Party..

I'm a little slow when it comes to posting here, especially if it has pictures that I would like to include. I have to get Brad to help me get them from my camera to the computer. Technology is NOT my friends and unless I do it a million times it doesn't stick in my head.

At the beginning of the month was Brad's moms birthday. His dad informed me that I was to be in charge of the parties. I wanted to do something special for her and I just love cooking for big groups of people. Pat is a special lady..she is prime and proper. She always has a couple of magazines of with the theme of old Victorian time period laying around in her living room. With that in mind I decided that we were going to throw her a surprise tea party.

The whole dinner I made from scratch, minus the croissants. I spent the whole day in the kitchen preparing. My apartment had been averaging about 94 degrees which gave me several set backs in my preparing. I was proud of everything that I made because I turned out awesome. My tea time party menu went something like this:


  • Chicken Salad Croissants with Grapes
  • Banana-Mandarin Muffins
  • Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins
  • Oatmeal Peach Muffins
  • Strawberry Cream Trifle
  • Scones Filled with Raspberry Jam
  • Chocolate Covered Strawberries
  • Banana Ice
  • Watermelon
  • Grapes
  • Lemon Water


The flowers were provided by Jennie and her little girls.What is a tea party if you don't have flowers? The tea pot arrangement was made possible by Wayland...I think that it was Jennifer that helped choose the color of pot it was to be for Pat :)


All of the dishes that were on the table full of food were mine except for the bowl that was holding the water. For this party I was able to make 3 new platters. I had gotten the idea from a friend at work that had seen it on a blog somewhere. They took terracotta pot bases, covered them with paper and then painted them. My friend helped me find some paper to put in the bottom and I was also able to put one of my own. I think that this was one of the things that I took the time to get ready and was very happy with the results! This is a picture of them below. I tried to make them into colors that would match my kitchen. In the first picture in this post they are what is holding the sandwiches and the muffins.


All and all I was really happy with the results from this whole party! I can't wait until I can do something like this again. There is nothing better then the success of a party.

2 comments:

Jena Harper said...

You did an awesome job! Everything looks wonderful!

Pat said...

It really was awesome Libby - and what a wonderful surprise!
Thanks so much again!

Pat