Monday, June 21, 2010

LIFE..

As I am always saying..time is just flying! There have been so many things that have been happening I have just seemed to have lost track of time all together. With the help of brad I am going to update everyone on what we have been doing the last month or so.

At the beginning of May, I decided that we needed to take a couple mini vacations this summer. The first one that I planned was a weekend trip to Zions National Park. Lets just say that the one day that we were there we hiked our butts off! The first hike that we went on was the Angel's Landing Hike, even though we didn't do the last 1/2 mile of it. For those of you that don't know that last half a mile is a part with cliffs on both sides of the trails and you have a chain to hold onto. Brad informed me that if I wanted to do that then I needed to find people to do it with. He is not a risk taker at all and I was lucky to get him as far up as I did. When we were sitting on the scouts lookout it took him a long time before he "felt like the mountain was not going to fall down."

That was the most intense hike that we did while we were there and luckily that was the first one that we did so we still had the energy to do it. After that hike we did all of the other small hikes that the park had to offer. It was a lot of fun and was great back drops to take pictures. This picture here of Brad is the highest that he has ever been on top of a mountain. The views that we had up there were intense! Brad does a good job in this pic to not show how nervous he was :)
The picture that is below is from the Riverside Walk. The Narrows were closed and I was secretly happy with that because I was tired from all of the hiking that we did!


That is the basics of what we did when we were in Zions. Maybe if we can get pictures off of Brads camera I might be able to upload a couple more. In the next couple of days I will try and get current on what is happening with us. Its time for bed and there are pizzas waiting to be made in the morning.

No comments: