Monday, April 19, 2010

Its been awhile, but I guess that is nothing new for me. It has been super busy our way that it just doesn't seem like I have the time to do anything but work, school, and sleep :)

The semester is coming to an end! I did my final presentation in my business presentation class today. This has been one hell of a bitch! It was a group project and the people that I was grouped with totally sucked. Basically they half assed the whole project. I had brought up my concerns with my teacher earlier about the situation. It was a very stressful project. I felt good about the part that I was to prepare and give.

One of the requirements to do this presentation was that we had to be dressed professional, which I know is a lot to ask for a final business presentation. I was the only one that dressed up. My teacher called the other three on it, they claimed that they didn't know. All I have to say is that it does help if you show up to class every once in a while! My teacher had also told us that this was going to be the first time that he was going to be giving each individual in the group a different grade.

Once I sat down and the next group was up getting their power point ready my teacher came up to me and whispered to come talk to him after class. For once this didn't make me nervous to have a teacher tell me that. When class was over with, I went and had my chat. He told me that this was the most dis-functional group that he has had in the 8 times teaching this class. After saying that he told me that I didn't need to worry about my grade because he was going to take care of me. Such relief! He also asked for some suggestions from my experience on what he could change things in his class so this wouldn't happen again. This is something I told him I need a couple of days to think about but I'm going to think hard and give him some suggestions so that he can improve the experience for everyone else that is going to take his class.

Over all this has been a fun class, minus this stupid group project. The only reason that I choose to do this class was to push myself and learn how to speak better in a group. I don't regret doing it all and I have learned a lot.

The other class that I took this semester is almost over too. It is a career prep class. This has been one of the best classes that I have taken! I don't think that there has been a single day that I haven't wanted to go class. We have been working on resumes and networking in the fields that we are wanting to go into. This class has made me think a lot about the future and what I want to do as a "real" job. I think that I am going to change my ways and go into something totally different. I need to do this, I don't think that business is all that I want to go into anymore but it will help me in the long run. I just need to figure out what Brad is going to be doing with his school stuff so I can start planning on getting into a program that is going to be close to the same place that his school is going to be at.

Anyways that is all that I have to talk about for the night.

No comments: